Monday, July 30, 2007

Golfun

Yesterday was the 21st Annual Fr. Gilbride Golf Classic - the Chanel Golf Outing. It was a good time I played with Kev, Jill and Joe (a teacher and alumni of Chanel.) We had a great time and finished next to last (only b/c one team didn't turn in a scorecard.) For next year, Joe's talking about making team T-shirts.

Once again, it was incredibly strange not having dad there. Dad used to be in charge of the outing and got me involved even before I went to Chanel. I've continued to serve on the committee. I did take the driver from dad's bag. I remember someone gave it to him as a gift years ago - before everyone had graphite shafts. And I remember watching him use it without much luck. Golf was always my time with dad. So with his driver in my bag it's like he's always riding with me in the cart - probably complaining about my driving.

Friday was dad's birthday so I've been thinking of him a lot lately.



The golf committee did establish the Kaz Cup. It's the new trophy that will be engraved with the winner's names and be kept in the trophy case at school. It's a nice tribute. My dad loved seeing the alumni enjoy themselves.

No comments: