Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Elbow rubbing with the rich and famous

This is what it looks like when you park in the players' lot at Jacob's Field. I was attending an event for Lake Effect Radio. I was sitting down with my friend Rick when Larry Dolan sat down next to us.

Who's Larry Dolan?!

He's the owner of the Cleveland Indians! You've heard of them, right? We talked briefly about the Red Badge of Courage. Yes, the book. It turns out he and his wife read the book on a local radio show. I was giggling the whole time because I was sitting next to Larry Dolan. It was kind of surreal.

I also got Lenny Barker's autograph. Who's Lenny Barker?!

He's the only Indians pitcher ever to pitch a perfect game. C'mon people!

I just wish that Dad was around b/c he would've gotten a kick out of that story. He probably would have said, "Ooooooooooooooooh!"

No comments: