Sunday, October 15, 2006

toledo friends

this weekend I was once again reminded how incredible my friends are. on friday, my gf and I went to a euchre tournament in toledo. we were late and missed the card-playing but it was good to catch up with my toledo "family." I moved to toledo in 2000 w/o ever being there before. I didn't know anyone, so my co-workers became my surrogate family.

Then on Saturday, we went to my Toledo house to do some repair work (There was considerable water damage from last winter.) And my friends Kev & Jill came up from Cleveland to help. They spent pretty much all day pulling staples from the floor and leaving their keys behind. I installed some new lights and put another coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling.

I was thrilled just to have running water back (no more trips to Wendy's to use the "facilities.")

Look, ma, no staples.

A dramatic improvement in the ceiling.

There's still a ton of work to be done but this is a tons better than when we found it. (Ask Kev)

After a long day, we went to dinner at Tony Packo's for dinner. It was better than I remember. Not my favorite place, but when in Rome...

No comments: