Saturday, November 10, 2007

Creepy

I own an old house in Toledo that we're rehabbing in order to sell. It's a duplex that was built in 1925. I had some radiators burst a couple of years ago and we've been working on the house ever since. So I was up there by myself from Thursday evening through Saturday morning doing some work. I was sanding and restaining some woodwork where there was previously one of the original radiators. I found a scrap of paper between the wall and molding.


I didn't think much of it. Until a little further down the wall I found this one:



Now, I'm not easily spooked. I've spent two nights inside a haunted prison. Macho man, blah, blah, blah. But when I found myself in this old house by myself my mind can run a little wild - and I started thinking that the noise of the sander is disturbing the spirit realm. I'm not even sure I believe in ghosts but this freaked me out a bit. But I really needed to get this stuff done. So I figured that I have Dad on my side in any supernatural, paranormal battle royale.


I kept sanding and came across these:



It seems I was just cleaning up after some kid who's probably now approaching retirement.

No comments: