Tuesday, November 13, 2007

You can call me "Slim"

Mariella and I started doing Weight Watchers last week. The meetings were a bit strange at first. Sort of like an overzealous church group meeting but instead of God we were talking about weight loss. My natural sarcasm sense kept tingling through the whole meeting. Our leader, Carl, has been a member for 35 years and has lost 200 pounds. But by the end of the first meeting I really kind of enjoyed the chubby camraderie.

It really seems that I'm eating more than I did before because I have to keep track of everything including portion size. I get way more "points" than Mariella, so I'm always looking for something to eat. But apparently it works as I dropped 6 lbs. the first week. Which is awesome. I'm kind of disappointed that we have to go to a different meeting next week because I have an awards reception to go to.

No comments: