Sunday, May 13, 2007

Weekend Recap

I'm having some sinus issues.

I woke up at 5 am on Friday with a terrible sore throat and throbbing earache. I didn't think I was going to work. I took some theraflu and went back to bed. I woke up at 7 feeling pretty good, so I went to work. It was pretty hectic at work. A bunch of people were out.

We were going to go down to Shelby to see Shane (Mariella had never met him.) But I didn't want to get all the kids sick. So we tabled it until Saturday.

I woke up early on Saturday to fertilize the lawn. (We cancelled our chemlawn contract.) I had bought a seed spreader the day before and I needed to get the tags off. So I broke out the pocket knife and quickly managed to slice my left ring finger open. I was bleeding pretty bad but didn't need stitches. Unfortunately the first bandages I could find were princess ones - thanks, Maya. (I later found a suitably rugged alternative)

I then went to pick up Mariella and Chloe (the dog). We dropped Chloe off at Mariella's parents' house. And found out that her dad had a literal run-in with a steel beam and had six staples on top of his head to close the wound (I noticed first, b/c I'm taller.)

Then we headed to Shelby and hung out all day. Went to Galion for a birthday party for Micah and Mallory (Shane's brother and sister - they're twins!) As usual it's always cool to hang out with my friends, I just wish circumstances weren't what they are.

On Sunday, Mariella and I went on a 6-mile run/bike ride (she ran, I rode. What?! She's training for her marathon) on the towpath. It was beautiful weather and a nice ride. We even saw a blue heron.

No comments: