Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dear Dad

It's been two years since you've been gone. Things have changed a lot in that time. The biggest change being that I'm now married. I'm glad that you had a chance to meet Mariella. We all missed you on the big day. I'm sure you would've loved the party. It was huge and we had beautiful weather.

Mariella has been very understanding and a huge support to me. I'm trying to take care of as much as I can which gets to be a lot sometimes. Although we've pushed her to her limit on taking down wallpaper.

Mariella and I have been getting adjusted to life together. One of the strangest parts is calling someone else "Dad." It's nothing against Mr. Sidoti, it's just odd.

Everyone's been doing as well as can be expected. Mom continues to inspire me with her strength. There seems to be a never-ending mountain of work between our house and the rentals. We've been doing tons of work at the rental house getting it ready for Grandma to move in. Lisa, Mike and the boys have been helpful through everything and have put quite a bit of mileage on their vehicles for our many causes. It was nice seeing Karen and her gang on vacation. Mary continues to be the tough, dependable one. Joan seems to be doing well at work. You'd be proud. Kristen's in Alaska, apparently having a great time. We're all doing okay but would really wish you were still here with us.

Love always,
Mark

No comments: